Monday, July 20, 2009

This Week---New Orleans


Okay, so I'm sorry that I haven't updated here in a while. Its been a busy summer. Synod assembly morphed into two weeks of confirmation camp, which led to a rapid fire July; all moving toward this week! I will, however, post about the synod assembly, some theological reflections on the rapidly changing picture of ecclesia in the North American context (and the congregational implications), and some conversations/encounters, as well as a post or two on some good books, and a post about Peter's Porch and local mission. I'll try to catch up after the gathering with a week or two of writing. I've not been writing much this summer, just because I've been so active in other ways. But now, I turn our attention to where Jesus is leading us tomorrow. THE BIG EASY! Its my first time...I'm a little excited.
ELCA Youth Gathering, 2009. Jesus, Justice, Jazz,in New Orleans! I will be blogging from NOLA all week, beginning tomorrow as we travel by charter bus from Hanover, PA. We leave at 9:00 am. I am leading a small group of four Sr. High youth---Nick, Ariana, Weston, and Karen. They are amazing people with faith and hearts for service in the way of Jesus. I dare say they shine when they are serving together. I look forward to experiencing their reactions and responses, hearing their stories, and teling them. We will blog together at night and post pics from the day, too. So check in this week to be part of the servant training school ELCA style. I'm sure we'll tell you all about the criole and the cajun cooking too. not to mention some french pastries to die for! And JAZZ! I hope we can hear some real live New orleans Jazz. Two days after we leavenis the Satchmo jazz festival. If I were 20 years old, I'd stay for it.
So, see you in New Orleans!

No comments: