Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Going Green Blog

I will be compiling some resources here on going green in the next day or so in prep for this weekend. The ELCA Advocacy website, found in the links column on this blog, is a good starting point. I ordered a Green Bible yesterday, along with a poverty and justice bible, through Amazon.

The Delaware/Maryland synod has a blog dedicated to going green and has some excellent links and resources. it appears to be a fledgling project with a few contributors. Linda Lovell, a woman I met when I was in seminary and doing some parish field work during my second year, is a contributor to it.
Apparently SePA synod has a Green team, devoted to bringing eco-justice to Southeast PA Lutherans.

I hope and pray that we will initiate a way of encouraging and equipping Lower Susquehanna Synod Lutherans to become more environmentally conscious and green. I am not as green as I should and could be. I hope that we will move together toward a greener future that embodies a sustainable way of life on planet earth.

No comments: