Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Get behind me, Satan!

What prevents us from living the way God intends? Or who? Why? Today is Wednesday so we gathered here for prayer and bible reading/discussion. What we learned is that God does amazing things in people's lives. Certain of us are able to interpret most things in the context of the divine creation drama---everything is spiritual. When we do, especially when the church shares the message of the cross and resurrection of Jesus, people resonate with it---it brings hope. But there are people that will always oppose the things that God does. What kind of a God creates resistance? Or allows it? God seems to revel at the possibility that people can change, see the light, have their minds reoriented.
I was asked yesterday, how is God shaking my world? I'm not exactly sure. So I wonder if its fair for me to call others to reorientation/transformation when I can't right now identify where God is working on me. How am I struggling? I guess with setting mission priorities, with attending to prayer, silence, reading. And I do sometimes fail to move. But I don't have the motivation to produce. Maybe I should. Maybe I should be more productive somehow. I am concerned about connecting with younger adults and calling them to faithfulness. I have thought about the lack of connection that I have with peers andothers in my generation localy who might benefit from a spiritual friendship.
maybe if I join the Lititz rec. I will have a point of contact. And maybe if I connect at javateas more regularly...I am not in a situation that offers me contact, I have to create it myself. And that is hard. under what pretense do I meet people? Work, school, church, or other affinity groups are venues for relationship-building among peers. None of the above opportunites are afforded to me for peer-to-peer relationships. Maybe if I get connected at Akron Elemntary a little deeper I'll meet some peers who are teaching there. Although that is hard too. How much time would I have to spend there as a volunteer in order to buld relationships with other faculty?
So many obstacles prevent me from seeking out others. I long for a community of faithful peers seeking to be together for worship, friendship, and simple mission. But I have no clue how to get such a thing started here. Any suggestions anyone?

No comments: