Wednesday, June 27, 2007

creation music fest

I'm going to experience a few hours at the Creation Music Fest in Mt. UNion, PA tomorrow. Its an annual event drawing thousands of contemporary gospel music fans. CCM is really gospel music within a postmodern music context. So the gospel is packaged in rap, rock, fringe sounds, metal, whatever. Maybe even reggae! I would dig that. I'm going with three teens who have never been either. We will join the group from Holy Trinity when we arrive. But we will also leave earlier in the afternoon too. I pray for no rain, thunderstorms.
I know a lot of people attend this gathering as a regular part of their annual Christian life, like a pilgrimage to a sacred worship site. I'm interested to see what it is like there. Woodstock for Christians...hmmmmm.

No comments: