Wednesday, November 30, 2005

new additions

As you can see, I am busy upgrading my blog. I have added several helpful links and will continue to do so. My two alma maters are added to the list, as well as some helpful Luthrean links. I have added a link to the Lutheran Blog master list site. This will help anyone interested in navigating to other Lutheran blogs to do so. I am enjoying reading some other Lutheran blogs. I hope to respond to some as time allows.

Today we began bible study on the Gospel of Mark. We began with chapter 16 and asked as many questions as the text inspired. We tried to bracket our pevious knowledge, our conflated gospel narrative that mixes the synoptics together, and our own faith convictions. Placing those things aside, we were free to inquire. Who is this Jesus? Why was he crucified? Why were the women so terrified? Who is this young male messenger dressed in white? What does the women's silence say about their terror? What mysteries lie beneath the surface? I repeat the stuidy tonight at 6:00. And we continue next Wednesday...

No comments: